Wouldn’t you like having the motivation and energy to take on any problem?
…then go to bed happy, and then wake up full of energy the next day too, and a little slim and fit everyday.
That heavy pic was actually 2 years ago at probably my heaviest, but I’ve been keto since last April. – via reddit
See the live images for yourself in a google search.
You’d want a proper diet plan, like the one I’ve written below.
What you can and should eat on the keto diet:
Before you read the list below, if you, your family, or your physician still want more validation of the ketogenic diet’s safety in the form of hard science, Please read this study from the National Institute of Health
1 . Saturated Fat: Butter, ghee, lard, duck fat, coconut oil, flax-seed oil and olive oil.
2. Meats, chicken, Eggs, fish: Fatty cuts of each are better.
3. Fruits: avocados, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are allowed. The other fruits have too much sugar for this diet.
4. Nuts and Seeds: walnuts, almonds, flax-seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame, etc. (peanuts are allowed in small quantities, though some people have an insulin response) A handful of mixed nuts a day is good enough.
5. Dairy: Heavy Cream, Greek yogurt, sour cream, Cheeses (a few people get an insulin response, it’s fine for most )
6. Veggies: All leafy greens are allowed (and encouraged), You must consume mushrooms, onions, garlic, sour lime juice, broccoli and cauliflower. Avoid root vegetables like beats, carrots, potatoes. (although they have some vitamins and minerals, modern versions are far sweeter and starchier than their wild ancestors.)
7. For your sweet cravings and occasion sweet tooth, only consume things sweetened with Stevia, or erythritol, But don’t use other artificer sweeteners. (Try this 15 min no bake dark chocolate mousse)
What you should avoid:
1 . Grain based foods like breads, beer, pasta, etc.
3. Processed food products, diet sodas, and artificial sweeteners, which contain chemicals, artificial thickening agents and emulsifiers. They give you an insulin response and can increase sugar cravings.
Here’s a Basic Meal Plan: It’s just to give you a rough idea on how the meals will look in your day:
Life saving (not literally) Tips and tricks:
1. Make Cauliflower a house staple, it can be used as a substitute for rice and can be used like mashed potatoes for many dishes.
2. Keto friendly dressings, spice mixes and flavorings are essential to maintain a fun diet.
3. Mix it up with varieties of meats, fish, chicken, veggies, etc
4. Make sure you have your spinach, mushrooms, and other leafy greens to keep your mineral levels stable, or just have a multivitamin and read our article about the importance of minerals during the keto diet.
2 strips of bacon and 2 eggs with a healthy handful of spinach (raw or tossed in the same pan). Preferably cooked in butter or coconut oil. Accompanied with some very special keto-coffee to kick the day off just right.
2-3 good sausages (make sure the filling is only meat and fat. NOT CORNMEAL or other fillers). Along with a good helping of mixed salad leaves and a handful of nuts, dressed with some good, high quality mayonnaise or a set of these must have low carb dressings which make any meal fun and full of flavor. If you’re on the go and carry lunch with you, a container like this will be great help.
Pan fried fish or fried chicken. Use one of the good fats listed above to fry it. Top it with cheese, mayo, your choice of keto friendly dressing. You can then saute a few chopped mushrooms and onions in the same pan and add spices of your choice or Mash up some boiled cauliflower to make cauliflower mash, and flavor it as you would make mash potatoes.
Eat until you feel full!!
Try some simple keto friendly fried chicken or this 15 min no bake mousse.
We’ll be adding several recipes for you to follow, and we prefer the easy ones where effort and time is minimized.
Why don’t you subscribe to our newsletter for free and get updated when we add fun articles which you can share with the low carb naysayers so that their whining stops.
Submit your review